Curriculum & Path To College
Cristo Rey Charleston High School students will be prepared for college, having earned at least 24 credits by graduation.
- 4 units of English Language Arts
- 4 units of Mathematics
- 4 units of Science
- 3 units of Social Studies
- 3 units of World Languages
- 4 units of Religious Studies
- 2 additional units of either physical education, technology, senior project, visual/performing arts, or other academic disciplines
This coursework is integrated with the Corporate Work Study Program's mandated 5 full work days a month. Students have access to extensive Academic Support and College Counseling services as needed.
Path to College
Cristo Rey Charleston is dedicated to preparing our students to leave high school ready to pursue a college degree. To facilitate the transition from high school to college, we offer college counseling services and access to a network of more than 45 college and university partners.
Juniors and seniors will receive college counseling to help them navigate the college application process. Support includes:
- Test preparation for the PSAT, SAT, and ACT college entrance exams
- Help filling out and submitting college applications, scholarship applications and financial aid forms
- Individualized counseling for each junior and senior student to help them choose an appropriate college or university, and to keep them on track to graduate
Cristo Rey Network University Partners
The Cristo Rey Network University Partners provide a gateway to scholarships and mentoring programs for students. This partnership with more than 52 colleges and universities across the country greatly strengthens Cristo Rey students’ access to college and their success while there.